Friday, December 11, 2009

are you a slave?

i know sometimes we all might feel like one, especially mom's. it's usually a negative word and not something people strive for. who wants to be a slave?

-a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant
-a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person
-a drudge

these defintions are not quite what i have in mind when i make goals for myself. i have been reading romans and when i came to chapter 8, i had an enlightening moment, thus the reason for my entry today. romans 8:18 says "you are made free from sin and now you are slaves to goodness." (ncv) i stopped there. slave to goodness?

i think there's a challenge for me there. am i really a slave to goodness? is that what i sow? i know the answer for myself is "not always" but it's something i should desire and strive for in my life. Surrendering my life to goodness, living for goodness, and doing everything goodness wants me to do. is my life showing goodness? b/c in essence, living for goodness is in fact, living for God, b/c all good comes from God, God himself is in fact, good.

so i will now try to be the "property" of goodness, subject to goodness, under the domination and influence of goodness....

Be a slave to goodness, my desire and a new goal.....goodness.

No comments: