Monday, May 16, 2011

happy birthday buggas!

this weekend we celebrated #7 and #5. i can't believe my children are at these ages. i just can't. part of me wants to hit the pause button and stay at this stage forever. of course i said that when they were 2 and 4 also. but another part of me wants to keep going so i can see what their little minds are going to come up with and explore and become. they are amazing. they have changed my life in so many ways and i'm so thankful to be a mom to my jake and my ella. truly the best. sure i want to throw them across the room sometimes....but overall, they lighten my life like nothing else.

thursday was jake's day. he chose chocolate muffins for breakfast, a bologna lunchable for lunch, and pizza and breadsticks for dinner. he got a trip to the lego store and i'm pretty sure he was pleased with his day.

saturday was ella's day as well as the party. she chose cinnamon rolls and bacon for breakfast, an egg for lunch and taco bueno for dinner. she got her fingernails and toenails painted (one of her favorite things) and i'm pretty sure she was pleased as well.

the party took place at redpin bowling (if you're in the okc area and need a place for a party, go here!! it was great!!) they had so much fun bowling, eating cake, playing with their friends and running around the riverwalk. i couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.

so here we go, moving forward to 8 and 6. those numbers seem to big to me. so for now i'll enjoy 5 and 7. many great things in store, i'm certain!!

No comments: