Monday, January 24, 2011

one thing

i went for a run this afternoon. something i haven't done in about a month and a half. it felt good. call me crazy if you wish but i missed smelling the outdoors, the sun in my face, the sweat...yep that's right, the sweat and i also missed my music.
as i was running, one of my favorite songs came on. the words that ring in my head every time i hear are
"all of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship"
it's repetitive and as the song was going on, i began to think about my mom. no matter what was going on during her 7 years of cancer, she worshiped. with all of her heart. yes she had days of exhaustion, yes she had days where she didn't want to get out of bed, and even walk, but i remember sundays and how she would never miss. i remember her prayer time and as far as i know, she was faithful. no matter what her pain was, no matter what her body told her, she knew the ONE thing she could do if nothing else, was to praise His holy name! and that she did!! what a testimony!
so i began to cry, while i was running, just thinking about how i've recently let my circumstances dictate my attitude and even my health. it's easy to let day to day creep in and tear you apart, but we can't let that happen my friend!! we MUST in spite of everything else, we MUST worship!!
worship (much like exercise in my opinion) is invigorating to your soul. it releases all the junk from your day and gives you such a feeling of "i can do this!!"
this is not "new" news...i know you know this, but sometimes it's good to be reminded.

WORSHIP!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome sis! great words... and so cool that this was part of my bible reading this morning in I timothy... Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please!
i love that! and i yuv you!